If you want to run your Android applications and games on your PC, we will help you to select the best emulator according to your systems requirements. Here, we are representing some of the most reviewed Android emulators available for 2018. For your convenience, we are sharing the key features, downsides of these emulators along with their direct download links.
An emulator is an Android Virtual Device (AVD), using which you can run your Android apk files on a computer. All you have to do is just install an emulator on your laptop and enjoy your Android games on a bigger screen.
Now, check out these five best emulators for PC.
- 1 1. Remix OS Player
- 2 2. Andy
- 3 3. ARChon Runtime for Chrome
- 4 4. BlueStacks
- 5 5. NoxPlayer
1. Remix OS Player
Remix OS Player is a free Android emulator for PC. Just install this emulator, and you are one click away to play your smartphone’s games on your computer. The gaming toolkit is highly customizable and emulators on Android Marshmallow which is one of the most updated emulators in 2018. Its working is based on the Android Studio Technology which is one of the fastest emulating tools.
- Remix OS Player is free to download and free to play. If in future, any update rolls out, you can upgrade for free
- Users can run multiple games at the same time. It is capable of managing several games and applications simultaneously on one screen
- Mapping unlimited buttons on the computer’s screen is also a top feature of this emulator. It not only manages but also remembers the mapped settings
- It doesn’t support Windows XP/ Vista and operating system older than Windows 7
- It doesn’t support 32 bit systems
- Operating Systems: Windows 10/ 8/ 8.1/ 7 (64 bit)
- Processor: Core i3 (recommend Core i5 or Core i7)
- RAM: 4 GB
- Free Space: 8 GB (recommend 16 GB)
- Enabled Virtualization Technology in BIOS
Andy is a free Android emulator for Windows. It is one of the most advanced and rich-featured emulators and supports all the communication apps including Whatsapp, Viber, Snapchat, etc. It also supports some of the essential apps for 2018 such as Google Keep, Gmail, eReaders, etc. While chatting with your loved ones on the phone, it automatically transfers all the data over to your desktop.
- It seamlessly synchronizes data between your laptop and Android devices
- Andy also supports Google Play Store so you can download or uninstall any app directly from your PC
- The best thing about this software is, it also provides unlimited storage capacity and supports cloud storage facility
- The most advanced and unique feature of this emulator is, you can use your mobile as a joystick or controller so that you don’t miss multi-touch or gyro features of gaming.
- It supports sensors, camera, and microphone integration.
- It comes with keyboard mapper, Xbox/PS controllers, ARM support, Desktop push notifications, etc. features
- It doesn’t support the latest Windows 10 and Windows 8
- Operating Systems: Windows 7/ 8.1, Ubuntu 14.04+
- Processor: Dual-core AMD or Intel CPU with Virtualization support
- RAM: 3 GB (but uses only 1 GB while running apps)
- Free Space: 10 GB free disc space
- GPU with OpenGL 2.1 support
3. ARChon Runtime for Chrome
Archon Runtime is a free emulator for PC. By using this emulator, users can run any Android app on Chrome browser. It doesn’t matter which operating system you are using but if you have Chrome browser installed on it, you can enjoy apk files on your desktop. However, using Archon is itself a challenge and requires some efforts everytime you want to run an app.
- Archon Runtime is compatible with every operating system including Linux and computer having Google Chrome browser installed on it
- It supports most of the Android applications and heavy games
- It is absolutely free and requires lesser hardware/software configuration
- It needs some efforts and basic knowledge of Google Chrome to install the emulator and to run Android applications
- You have to go through an apk installation process everytime you want to run any app
- Along with this emulator, users have to download other software such as Winrar, official ARChon Packager app in your Android-based smartphone, etc.
How to Run Android Apps on Chrome using ARChon?
- First of all, download ARChon Runtime for Chrome from the above link or click here
- Now, unzip the downloaded file and rename its directory and place it in a permanent on
- After that, run Chrome browser on your PC and go to chrome://extensions click on “Developer mode” to enable it
- Now, click Load unpacked extension and choose the directory you just unzipped. You will see ARChon Runtime extension after that
- Now, install ARChon Packager on your Android device from Google Play Store or click here
- Run ARChon Packager app on your smartphone and choose an app you wish to run on your PC. ARChon Packager will zip that application, and you can browse that zipped file from ChromeAPKs directory
- After that, transfer that zip apk to your computer, unzip and rename its list and place it in a permanent register.
- Again, go to Chrome and repeat the step 4 to load just unzipped apk
- Now, to run that app, go to chrome://apps or click here and click on the application’s icon
BlueStacks is a free and easy to use emulator software for PC. It is the world’s first and only Android Emulator powered by Android N (Beta version). More than 210 million people around the world using this app player and related products to play mobile games on their desktops. It is very smooth, lightweight and works on patented Layercake technology. BlueStacks App Player is the only Android Emulator supported with investment from Intel, Samsung, Qualcomm and AMD
BlueStacks has received the Best Software 2012 at CES and 2012 CES Innovators Award
- It supports more than 1.5 millions Android games, 500,000+ HTML 5 and Flash games
- BlueStacks is fully compatible with Windows, Mac, and Android devices
- It also helps multi-tasking feature to run multiple apps on a single screen
- If you don’t want to play games and just want to use social apps, BlueStacks also supports non-game apps
- By using BlueStacks, users can directly stream on Twitch
- Although to install BlueStacks app player, a computer having 2 GB of RAM is required but after that users start to face legging even in normal working. In actual, this software uses a lot of resources including RAM for proper functioning.
The app player consumes a lot of RAM and increases CPU usage, making your system slow and reduces system’s performance
- Operating Systems: Windows 7/ 8/ 8.1/ 10
- Processor: Dual-core AMD
- RAM: 2 GB
- Free Space: 4 GB free disc space
- DirectX 9.0 or higher installed
- .Net Framework 3.5 SP3 or higher
NoxPlayer is a free Android emulator to play Android games on PC. The emulator is compatible with most of the games and applications including new and popular titles. NoxPlayer has more than 150 million users in more than 150 countries.
- The user interface is very decent and customizable. NoxPlayer offers many exclusive skins and themes
- It works on leading technology based on Android 4.4.2 and Android 5.5.2 also compatible with x86 and AMD, making it more reliable and stable
- It supports high fps (frames per second) format, keyboard controls, and smart casting
- Users can control and manage: Rotate, up/down, left, and right options
- Supported features: keyboard, gamepad, script recording, and multi-tasking
- Operating Systems: Windows Vista/XP/ 7/ 8/ 10
- Processor: Dual-core AMD
- RAM: 2 GB
- Free Space: 4 GB free disc space
Whether you are a developer or just a casual user who wants to try android applications on a desktop, these are some of the best emulators for PC. Let us know if you like this post or have any suggestion. You can share your views in the comment section below.