Does your iPhone freeze, crash frequently? It may be because your installed apps are overeating RAM. Apps like Whatsapp, Facebook use to run in the background which uses your iPhone’s RAM which can slow down its overall performance.
Is it really possible to increase current RAM capacity of your iPhone? The most straightforward answer to this is “NO.” Increasing your RAM capacity requires hardware changes, and we are sure that you don’t want to do that. However, there are plenty of ways to free up your iPhone RAM.
Usually, when you launch a new application on your iPhone, it will take a certain amount of time. Now what RAM does is, it will store the app’s data and use it when you relaunch that app. Now you will notice a lesser time when you relaunch the app. That’s how RAM plays a vital role in speeding up your device. So more the RAM, more storage and thus more booting, app launching speed.
RAM (Random Access Memory) is most crucial storage hardware to stabilize your iPhone’s processing speed by holding (caching) data on it. It’s a rewritable drive that manages your system’s memory. Too much-occupied RAM can slow down your iPhone’s performance. So, all we need to do is to free-up used RAM using some easy method.
Get More RAM on iPhone 7 or Older
If you are using iPhone 4, 4s 5, 5S, 6, 6S, 6S Plus or 7, then you can perform the following two steps fix.
- First of all, Get “Slide to Unlock” screen by holding the Power button.
- Finally, hold down the Home button for 5 to 6 seconds till app screen appears.
- That’s it, and you will see a noticeable change in your iPhone’s performance.
Suggestion: In some cases when you press home button Siri comes up. In that case, you have t follow this steps.
- Go to your iPhone’s “Settings”, tap on “General” and “Turn of Siri”. After that, you can follow the step 2nd again to get more RAM on your phone.
Get More RAM on iPhone 8, 8 Plus and X
If you have iPhone 8 or iPhone X than you can get more RAM by clearing your existing cache. It can certainly make your phone significantly faster. Just follow these steps.
- Turn “Assistive Touch” from Settings > General > Accessibility and finally toggle Assistive Touch On.
- Thereafter, Return back to “General” setting page then Scroll to the bottom and tap on shut down option. You will get “Slide to Power Off” screen.
- In the end, you need to touch and hold the circular shaped icon Home button for 5-6 seconds. You will get this option on your Assistive Touch options (as shown below).
- Finally, your iPhone will flash the screen and will return you to the Home screen again. If that happens, it means that you have successfully freed up some RAM from your device.
- Your recent apps will be closed, but it can be accessible again by swiping up and right on the screen.
So these are the two official ways to get most of your iPhone’s RAM. You may do more RAM operations by Jailbreaking your iPhone but doing so such might brick your device. Alternatively, let’s talk more about making the iPhone faster.
iMyFone Umate iPhone Cleaner
If you want to clean your iPhone junk with a single click (if not RAM), then you should try this software. Basically, iMyFone is a Windows platform software which can smartly scan your iPhone to remove redundant storage such as temporary files, Whatsapp cache, web browsing history, etc. This software works with iOS 11.3.
You can also do more with this app such as,
- Removes cache files which slow down your iPhone
- Losslessly compress your existing photos to save the memory
- As this a PC software, you can backup large files and later restore them.
- It can also delete your iPhone data permanently and can never be recovered.
Lets us know if you have any questions and suggestions. We will update the article when we collect more information for the same.